Sunday, November 5, 2017

Forest Finds at Power Poppy

Good chilly morning. I don't know about where you are but it is a really cold temp here and we have snow on the horizon for this afternoon. I think winter is officially here for us. In fact that is what inspired my color combination for this card today. Well that and the boys play off game Friday night was a whoppin 38 degrees outside. OH MY COLD!  And a sad note, we lost. It was a really really good game and they fought hard but in the end lost. We have a week reprieve and then off to the races with basketball. However I think this loss Friday night might carry some good news for the team we play first in basketball, so watch out. hee hee 


Anyways... Power Poppy has a new digi release today called Forest Finds. Oh what a treat this is. Marcy sure has drawn up a beauty for you with this one. Check out the PP blog for details on what her inspiration was behind this fun new digi. 


I had some happy mail come in this week and some of that was the awesome new Christmas paper called Birds and Berries from Wild Rose Studios. Oh the colors and designs in this pack are beautiful and inspiring for colors. That was in part some of the color choices I made for this as well. Only used 3 Copic markers on this C01, B11 and B13. Not sure if you wanted to know that but I just love how this turned out. I used some silver sparkly ribbon and sequins as accents along with a hint of sparkle. Voila! 

Be sure to check out some of the creations from these talented ladies:



7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Stacy, that's COLD! While the team didn't win, I know they had fun playing...and woohoo that they will play first in basketball! Well, I sure LOVE your colors for this icy blue card, and the DP is beautiful! What a fabulous job of coloring with just the three Copic markers. I always find that helpful...so thanks. And as always, you have the perfect placement for your sequins, and I love the ribbon!! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Now keep warm today, okay?? Sending warm hugs from South Florida! Hehe! xoxo

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I'm beginning to think blue is your color and this is just lovely in blue. You brought in the real feeling of a crystallized icy winter morning. In Iowa we get at least one every winter where you go outside and say now that's a Terry Redin painting.
I love the design with the pretty paper and the little scallop peeking out from below the beautiful image.

Barb said...

Stacy! Your card is lovely! And it goes perfectly with your chilly weather story! Oh my word that's really cold! I love the cool, frosty feeling of your card and it's always nice to know what colors were used on an image, so thank you for that! Your embellishments are a beautiful finishing touch and they tie everything together.

Stay as warm as you can and I hope your boys win their basketball game!

Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

That delicate blue is so beautiful! And with the paper -- exquisite! You made me go look at the paper. I will not buy more paper (keep telling myself that). Such a gorgeous rendition of this new digi, Stacy! I'm sorry your team lost their game. Someone wins and someone loses, so there's always cheer or disappointment. Moving right along to the next sport soon!

Patti J said...

Brrr...I'm not ready for winter temps yet. Oh my gosh, this card is so pretty! Great job!

Ann said...

Genius to do this image in blue!

Davi said...

A beautiful card Stacey! Love the wintery look you got with the colors :)