Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Philippians 4:13

Good morning. The new Hues to Use colors are posted and I was not gonna miss this week's colors.  :-)  Who wouldn't love to play with shades of blue!?!?!  My favorite color. Aaawww... Just makes me smile thinking about the color. Don't forget if you play along in our Hues to Use each week you could be our next guest designer. That's right! So grab those colors and let's see what you create.


My creation today is also for our On the Case  July challenge brought to us by Ally. You are to "case" one of our Bloom Brigades creations. Don't forget their is $50 in Power Poppy Bucks if you WIN the monthly drawing.  Doesn't get any better than that! 
For my card I choose Miss Katie's fall creation to case. You can find her original card and post HERE. I kept the over all layout and stamp set. I changed the colors to the Hues to Use colors, added hardward to the top left, moved the buttons and changed the sentiment. Also my stitching is fake unlike the real deal on Katie's card. I tried to match the design of the designer paper as well. 


I really like the suduko gel pens as they had a different type of sparkle to the cards. However in photo's it always looks like dirt on the card. So I took the below picture at an angle to catch some of the pen. It looks beautiful in real life. I traced over all the wheat in the different shades of the blue. Same ink used for both shades just kept stamping until the ink wasn't showing. I think its called huffing or something I can't remember? I of course started playing with more shades of blue so be on the look out later for another blues card. hee hee


I hope you play along in the Hues to Use or the On The Case July monthly challenge. Have a wonderful day! 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, this is GORGEOUS, and I love that you CASE'd Katie's card! I love it, and I really love your blue...being a blue "fave" kinda gal myself. Love your layout and beautiful shades using the Hues to Use, and what beautiful faux stitching. Who would have known? And the best part is the precious Scripture verse. I love it!! Hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

I never would have thought to do the wheat in blue, but it looks absolutely beautiful! No shortage of blue at your house, right? I totally remember Katie's card. You chose a great one to CASE. I know what you mean about those pens. They're great to use and I have a bunch of them, but much better when seen in person. I don't see any mud on your card, though.

Katie Sims said...

Awww Stac.....I can't believe you CASE'd one of mine! I actually like yours in blue better!!! :) LOVE this and LOVE you too! (((HUGS)))